Assist. Prof. Eng. Evelina Lyubomirova Zdravkova-Velichkova, PhD defended her dissertation on “Intellectual property aspects of the media industry” in professional field 3.5.: “Public Communications and Information Sciences” with scientific supervisor Assoc. Prof. Tereza Trencheva, PhD on 19.09.2019.
Evelina Zdravkova was born in the town of Pernik. She graduated with a master’s degree in engineering at the Higher Technical School “Angel Kanchev” – Ruse. By education – an engineer, by vocation – a journalist.
Evelina Zdravkova is the first Editor-in-Chief of Plovdiv Orthodox Television – the first church media in Bulgaria, author of the concept, organization and management of a 16-hour program of specialized media. Under her leadership, the first online liturgy on the Internet was realized and broadcast live from the Orthodox Church of Saints Constantine and Helena in Plovdiv in 2008.
For more than 20 years she has been an active journalist in the Maritsa newspaper – the largest non-capital daily paper in Bulgaria, published in Plovdiv. Works as a reporter and team leader in the departments: Education, Culture, Religion, Bulgarian Army, Foreign Policy and Domestic Policy. Develops thematic pages, maintains daily sections. As editor-in-chief of the website www.marica.bg, she restructured and optimized the Internet edition of the media, managed the e-newspaper and the Facebook page ofwww.marica.bg.
After active journalism she works as:
- Specialist Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising at the State Puppet Theatre – Plovdiv.
- Head of administrative service is at the Humanitarian High School “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” – Plovdiv.
- Chief Specialist in the Regional Department of Education – Plovdiv, at the Ministry of Education and Science.
- She is currently an assistant at the Department of Library Management and Archival Science at ULSIT, Chief Expert at the Research and International Affairs Department and Head of the Intellectual Property Research Group at the University Youth Knowledge Academy (UNYKA) at ULSIT.
Since 1995 she has been a member of the Union of the Bulgarian Journalists, a member of the Association of European Journalists in Bulgaria and the International Network of Teachers of Intellectual Property in Bulgaria (since 2017).
- Member of the Board of Edelweiss Tourist Association.
- Member of the Board of the Charitable Foundation “Culture, Art, Children”.
- Church trustee in the metropolitan church “St. Marina” – Plovdiv.
She is a member of three research projects funded by the National Science Fund of the Ministry of Education and Science.
She has a nomination for the Plovdiv Award. She has 18 publications in the field of intellectual property in the media – as an author and co-author. Participates in the organization and conduction of the annual seminar dedicated to the International Intellectual Property Day (April 26) at ULSIT, respectively in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; at the 9. Workshop of the European Intellectual Property Teachers’ Network – EIPTN – Sofia 2016.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Office phone: +359 (0) 29708591;
Personal phone: +359 (0) 888811475; +359 (0) 896767906;